The Center for Disease Control and Prevention came out with a report highlighting the foods we eat that put too much salt in our diet. Well..... perhaps it's not the foods themselves, but how much of that food we eat that increases our salt levels.
Here's the list from the CDC.
1. Bread and Rolls
2. Cold Cuts and cured meats
4. Fresh and processed poultry
6. Fast-food hambrugers and sandwiches
8. Spaghetti and other pasta dishes
9. Meatloaf and other meat dishes
10. Chips, pretzels and popcorn
You can always help yourself by purchasing the "Lower Sodium" option. I even use "Low Sodium" salt by Morton's in our house. I really do!